Our £19 million project to build a new School Hall and Music School has continued to progress over the summer months.
The basement, ground floor and first floor of the Music School is now in place. Building support pits have been dug for the new Hall and the next stage is to build the foundation floor.
The facilities will dramatically enhance the experience of every one of our girls, as well as the wider community, for years and indeed generations and include:
- A new School Hall with a capacity of 750 people
- State-of-the-art acoustics
- Retractable seating so that the Hall can be used for a variety of events
- Bar area and catering facilities
- A stunning full-height glass wall in the Hall making the most of the building’s position in one of the most beautiful parts of the School site
- A Recital Hall with a capacity of 150 people
- More than 20 practice rooms and classrooms
- A smaller performance room, IT suite and recording and performance booths
- The Music School will be linked to the School Hall by a bridge through a stunning atrium which will flow into the new courtyard outside
The project is scheduled to be completed in winter 2020/21.