It has been fantastic to have girls and staff back on site this week, as we all adapt to the 'new normal'.
In response to current coronavirus restrictions there are a number of operational and logistical changes that have taken place across the School; however, the excitement of a new school year certainly remains the same!
Some of these changes include:
- Horizontal boarding which ensures girls stay in their year group 'bubbles'
- A one-way system around the School
- The addition of hand sanitising stations across the School site
- Enhanced cleaning across the School
- An increase in signage across the School to encourage good hygiene
- New classroom layouts and routines to ensure maximum social distancing and compliance with Covid-19 restrictions
- Staggered meal times
- Social distancing measures across the entire site
As well as the above, the School has purchased an on-site testing device, called the SAMBA II. This device enables any girl who is symptomatic to be tested with a 90-minute turnaround, ensuring a potential Covid-19 case can be managed quickly and minimising disruption to the girls.
Despite the changes, girls have quickly adjusted into a now-familiar routine with their friends.