Benenden is counting down the days to its annual Arts Festival, being held this weekend.
Between Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, we are hosting dozens of events, featuring performances, displays and workshops from a host of pupils, staff and guests.
These include a concert from the renowned James Taylor Quartet on Saturday night, to which members of the public are warmly invited.
This year's Arts Festival promises to be the biggest and best yet, with some of the many highlights including art workshops, poetry readings, floristry demonstrations, comedy, dance shows, a celebration of wartime literature, ghost stories, drama performances, classic car show, the Great Benenden Bake-Off and even a dog show!
As well as the James Taylor Quartet, we are delighted to be welcoming the following guests:
- The National Youth Ballet
- Poet Theresa Lola, the Young People’s laureate for London
- Painter and printmaker Anita Klein
- A cappella band The Sons of Pitches
- Comedian Marcel Lucont
- Author Naoko Abe, talking about her biography of ‘Cherry’ Ingram, who lived in Benenden
- Dancers from The John Wallis Church of England Academy
- Darkly comic two-hander play Richard Parker
- Professional florist Sophie Leathart
- Abstract artist Ruth Dent
- Comedian Trevor Lock
- Picasso’s Women, a series of monologues/confessionals
- Playwright Owen Thomas
- Renowned chef Marcus Wareing will be judging our Great Benenden Bake-Off