Medway

Medway

Named after the Earl of Cranbrook, the building housing Medway and its neighbouring House, Marshall, was purpose-built in 1926. In its position at the end of Lime Avenue it is known as a very friendly and close knit house; our House Ethos is centred around the kindness and the sense of community within Medway. Some of the House traditions are Upper Fifths' Leadership course, regular twinning events, Wonderful Wednesdays and Fun Fridays! Last year the House raised over £2,000 in their Summer fete on the Medway lawn in support of Mary’s Meals.

Team photo

Housemaster

Mr Nick Rendall is Housemaster of Medway. He teaches English, History of Art and Classical Civilisation. He began his working life in the Coldstream Guards, where he enjoyed a range of different jobs, including training infantry soldiers in Catterick and being Captain of the Guard at the Royal Palaces. In his spare time he likes taking his dog Bob out for walks alongside spending time with his young family. His wife Vicki is an associate teacher at Benenden.

Deputy Housemistress

Mr Rendall is supported in House by Miss Alice Startup who is Deputy Housemistress and teaches History.

Matrons

The team of Matrons are Miss Ali Derham, Resident Matron, Mrs Mary Elias, Day Matron and Mrs Marie-Claire Erith, Evening Matron. Medway is also home to two dogs called Scamp and Bob, who love to go on walks.